- Are you a master of your craft?
- Do you desire a high degree of structure while at the same time wanting every day to be a challenge and brings something different?
- Can you handle change, pressure and respond positively to unpredictable situations and problems?
As the Maintenance Supervisor for United Steel, Inc. you will lead a team of two to five in a fast paced structural Steel and Miscellaneous Metals fabrication shop. You will direct and coordinate activities of maintenance department in facilities maintenance and tool crib operations by performing the following duties personally or through your direction of your team. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five year experience in maintenance with training and supervisory skills in a structural steel fabrication environment. if the three questions above excite you and you meet the qualifications below, apply now.
Please complete this survey. It must be completed to be considered for the position. (It will open in a separate window. Applicants will not be considered until completing this process)
CLICK HERE FOR SURVEY! (https://www.cultureindex.com/c/4CA893)
- Responsible for following all State and Federal regulatory compliance in multiple areas. Includes OSHA and AISC.
- Responsible for security of building(s) and equipment associated with maintenance and tool crib operations.
- Maintains maintenance records for overhead cranes, welding equipment, CNC machines, wfd/s, hyd/s and other shop equipment and other related inspections
- Schedules and performs preventive maintenance in a timely fashion and within guidelines to ensure uninterrupted production.
- Schedules emergency maintenance as required.
- Troubleshoots and evaluates systems, equipment, electrical, etc.
- Maintains central store for consumable good for two facilities.
- Maintains files on jobs for hob costing purposes
- Maintains purchase orders for department, includes parts procurement and vendor management
- Participates in vendor reduction and price shopping in conjunction with purchasing department.
- High School Diploma
- 5 to 7 years related experience and/or training in manufacturing maintenance (preferable steel fabrication), including supervisory experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good computer skills including use of Microsoft Office and internet
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, blue prints, and schematics,
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
We offer competitive wages, excellent benefits, 401(k) with company match, supplemental benefits and more. Please send your resume and cover letter using the link.
BUILDING OUR FUTURE TOGETHER
United Steel Inc, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer