- Are you a solution-focused, prone to action, quality driven person?
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where your knowledge, skills and hard work make significant impact?
- Do you love variety and solving problems to the highest standard?
If you answered "Yes" to any of the above, we would love to have you apply to work at United Steel, New England's largest fabricator and erector of structural steel and miscellaneous metals!
Job Purpose: Safely supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in fabrication and assembly of structural, ornamental, or sheet metal products by performing the following duties
Please complete this survey. It must be completed to be considered for the position. It will open in a separate window. Applicants will not be considered until completing this process.
CLICK HERE FOR SURVEY! (https://www.cultureindex.com/c/4CA893)
- Analyzes work orders and blueprints to determine information such as material to be used, type of operations, and sequence of operations required.
- Examines defective machinery to determine cause of malfunction and reports need for machine repairs.
- Inspects work in progress and finished products.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Approves all shop employees time in Datamaxx
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations with safety being a number one priority
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Ensures Shop measurable are met
- Maintains time and production records.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Performs activities of workers supervised.
- Must be familiar with the basic machine functions in order to perform the tasks stated above.
- Must be willing to receive and accept frequent supervision and assistance with regards to weld set ups/change overs.
- Communicates regularly with Shop Manager
- Assume duties of Shop Manager in their absences.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- High School Diploma, GED and/or Vocational SchooL
- 4 - 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Basic shop math, blue print reading, reading, writing, and interpret English, basic mechanical skills, effectively utilize lifting devices, ability to interpret shop paperwork and work instructions, ability to verify log and procedures for accuracy.
- Skills Desired: strong attention to detail, ability to multitask, good communications skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, noise and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of condition within a manufacturing environment. The company provides engineering controls, PPE and regular training to mitigate the employee’s exposure to these elements.
We offer competitive wages, excellent benefits, 401(k) with company match, supplemental benefits and more.
BUILDING OUR FUTURE TOGETHER
An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer