Safely Loads, unloads, and moves materials within or near plant, yard, or work site by performing the following duties.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reads work orders or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand
- Conveys materials from storage or work area to designated area
- Secures lifting attachments to materials and conveys load to destination or signals crane or hoisting operators to move load to destination
- Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers
- Loads truck for Industrial Truck Operator
- Stacks or assembles materials into bundles and bands bundles together
- Lifts heavy objects by hand or with power hoist, and cleans work area, machines, and equipment to assist machine operators
- Operates industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products
- Backs trailers into the building
- Maintains the works area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations
- Performs prescribed preventative maintenance on machines as required
- Must be able to operate a paint sprayer and follow standard painting requirements
- Must be familiar with the basic machine functions in order to perform the tasks stated above
- Must be willing to receive and accept frequent supervision and assistance with regards to weld set ups/change overs
- Outdoor work is required in this position, as well as work in all weather conditions
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please complete this survey. It must be completed to be considered for the position.
It will open in a separate window. Applicants will not be considered until completing this process.
CLICK HERE FOR SURVEY! (https://www.cultureindex.com/c/4CA893)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic shop math, reading & writing with ability to interpret English, basic mechanical skills, effectively utilize lifting devices, ability to interpret shop paperwork and work instructions, ability to verify log and procedures for accuracy.
- 1 year of material handler related experience or technical schooling highly desired.
- Operating overhead crane experience preferred
- Forklift experience preferred
- Skills Desired: strong attention to detail, ability to multitask, good communications skills
Safety Mindset, Teamwork Orientated, Time Management, Performance Management, Result Driven
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, noise and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of conditions within a manufacturing environment. The company provides engineering controls, PPE and regular training to mitigate the employee’s exposure to these elements.
We offer competitive wages, excellent benefits, 401(k) with company match, supplemental benefits and more.
BUILDING OUR FUTURE TOGETHER
United Steel, Inc. is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer