United Steel is currently seeking a Machine Operator for our 2nd shift.
Safely operate simple machines and uses overhead cranes and other material handling devices. Work performed requires experience, initiative, and the ability to perform regular duties under minimal supervision. Assist and interact with other department and engineering personnel during the course of duties.
Please complete this survey. It must be completed to be considered for the position.
It will open in a separate window. Applicants will not be considered until completing this process.
CLICK HERE FOR SURVEY!
If you have trouble with the link above please apply directly on our website at:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs typical machine shop operations to support production needs.
- Detects and reports potential issues or questionable conditions to department supervisor.
- Maintains the works area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Perform prescribed preventative maintenance on machines as required.
- Must be able to perform at least two to three of the following crucial pieces of equipment: Saws, Drill, Voortman V808 Coper, Peddinghaus Coper, Plate Duplicator, Angle Master, or Shear Brake.
- Must be familiar with the basic machine functions in order to perform the tasks stated above.
- Must be willing to receive and accept frequent supervision and assistance with regards to machine set ups/change overs.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- High School Diploma, GED and/or Vocational School
- Must be available to work 2nd shift (3:30 PM to 1:30 AM, shift subject to change)
- 1 year of manufacturing related experience or technical schooling highly desired.
- Basic shop math, reading, writing, and interpret English, basic mechanical skills, effectively utilize lifting devices, ability to interpret shop paperwork and work instructions, ability to verify log and procedures for accuracy
- Skills Desired: strong attention to detail, ability to multitask, good communications skills
Safety Mindset, Teamwork Orientated, Time Management, Performance Management, Result Driven
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, noise and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of condition within a manufacturing environment. The company provides engineering controls, PPE and regular training to mitigate the employee’s exposure to these elements.
We offer competitive wages, excellent benefits, 401(k) with company match, supplemental benefits and more. Please send your resume and cover letter using the link.
United Steel Inc, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer