The Shop Manager is responsible for directing and managing production supervisors as well as other foremen/departments to include shipping/drivers, shop mechanic, and maintenance department.
Please complete this survey. It must be completed to be considered for the position. It will open in a separate window. Applicants will not be considered until completing this process.
CLICK HERE FOR SURVEY!
- Ensure shop operations follow and meet safety guidelines. Investigates and implements ways to improve overall safety performance of shop operations
- Develops and maintains manufacturing operations business plans to include all job requirements, labor hours, cycle, production costs and job priorities
- Establishes production and quality control standards, cost controls, and obtains data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered
- Provides guidance to the development of a manufacturing process plan, including personnel requirements, material needs, subcontract requirements, facility needs, and tooling and equipment needs
- Ensures all established costs, quality, and delivery commitments are met
- Coordinates manufacturing activities with all other functions of the organization and suppliers to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment
- Oversees Maintenance, Mechanic, and Logistics departments ensure these department support overall operations needs and performance requirements
- Reviews production and operating reports and directs the resolution of operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays
- Performs administrative activities associated with the effective management of shop operations, including compiling, storing, and retrieving production data for reports
- Determines responsibilities of assigned organization and staff positions to accomplish business objectives
- Trains and ensures all assigned employees are aware of and comply with company, government, and customer policies, procedures, and regulations
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Degree Preferred; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Tekla & Fabsuite experience highly desired
- 10 years of manufacturing related experience or technical schooling highly desired, with the ability to read blueprints and drawings
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Skills Desired: strong attention to detail, ability to multitask, good communications skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, noise and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of condition within a manufacturing environment. The company provides engineering controls, PPE and regular training to mitigate the employee’s exposure to these elements.
We offer competitive wages, excellent benefits, 401(k) with company match, supplemental benefits and more.
BUILDING OUR FUTURE TOGETHER
An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer