Safely welds together metal components of products such as structural steel, stairs and/or rails with electric arc-welding equipment by performing the following duties.
Please complete this survey. It must be completed to be considered for the position. It will open in a separate window. Applicants will not be considered until completing this process.
CLICK HERE FOR SURVEY!
If link does not work - (https://www.cultureindex.com/users/ciims/processes/surveyInfo.php?cfilter=1&COMPANY_CODE=4CA893)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs typical welding operations to support production needs.
- Detects and reports potential issues or questionable conditions to department supervisor.
- Obtains specified electrode and inserts electrode into portable holder or threads consumable electrode wire through portable welding gun.
- Connects cables from welding unit to obtain amperage, voltage, slope, and pulse, as specified by Welding Engineer or Welding Technician.
- Starts power supply to produce electric current.
- Strikes (forms) arc which generates heat to melt and deposit metal from electrode to workpiece and join edges of workpiece.
- Manually guides electrode or gun along weld line, maintaining length of arc and speed of movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead, as judged from color of metal, sound of weld, and size of molten puddle.
- Welds in flat and horizontal.
- Examines weld for bead size and other specifications.
- Applies filler rod manually to supply weld metal.
- Cleans or degreases weld joint or workpiece.
- Repairs broken or cracked parts and fills holes.
- Prepares broken parts for welding by grooving or scarfing surfaces.
- Chips off excess weld, slag, and spatter.
- Preheats workpiece with hand torch or heating furnace.
- Positions and clamps work pieces together or assembles them in jig or fixture.
- Maintains the works area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Perform prescribed preventative maintenance on machines as required.
- Must be able to perform and pass 2G unlimited weld test.
- Must be familiar with the basic machine functions in order to perform the tasks stated above.
- Must be willing to receive and accept frequent supervision and assistance with regards to weld set ups/change overs.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- High School Diploma, GED and/or Vocational School
- 2 -3 years of welding experience highly desired.
- Basic shop math, reading, writing, and interpret English, basic mechanical skills, effectively utilize lifting devices, ability to interpret shop paperwork and work instructions, ability to verify log and procedures for accuracy
- Skills Desired: strong attention to detail, ability to multitask, good communications skills
Safety Mindset, Teamwork Orientated, Time Management, Performance Management, Result Driven
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, noise and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of condition within a manufacturing environment. The company provides engineering controls, PPE and regular training to mitigate the employee’s exposure to these elements.